Call For Street Photographers:
"Mass Stitchings" is a community memorial project to bring awareness and peace to people and families that have witnessed or been involved in an American Mass Shooting. To see if your community qualifies as a mass shooting site visit: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/.
I am looking for photographs of Mass Shooting sites across America. Photographers can be amateurs or professionals and must be:
- Related to the event in some way and be willing to share a short summary of the day's events through their perspective. Examples: work in the area, county member, hometown, went to school in the area.
- Willing to collaborate in the artistic project since the photos will be combined with stitching. Stories and photos that follow the guidelines below will be collected and credited here as an archive for the project.
To find out more about my past community projects, visit the Gimme Shelter Project in the website project links. For more stitching project examples, visit Urban Weavings in the website project links.
Mass Stitchings photo guidelines include:
- Must be original work.
- Can be a current or pre-shooting photo of the mass shooting site.
- Must be related to the event in some way, see examples above.
- Please refrain from photos with people unless written permissions from all in the photo are collected and sent along to me directly.
- Repetitive photos of good quality only will be archived here for community information.
- Only best quality, color photos of 300 dpi, 8 x 10 will be used for printing and stitching.
- Photos can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Woolpunk reserves the right to select photos for project use.
- And, by submitting your photograph, you understand fully that it will be credited to you as a project partner, but manipulated for artistic purposes.
Thank you for your interest in the project. Peace out. Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.